Saturday 13 August 2011

BLOGGER ME

It seems fitting that the first thing I write on this blog is the first thing I write in my new gaff.  After two and a half years in a village in Worcestershire, Blighty, we've moved again.  I say again, because I've lived in 14 houses to date, 9 of those since the late 1990s.  For my eldest daughter, age 5, this is her fifth home.  Moving is not something I particularly like doing, but when you rent you're at the mercy of the landlord, and if they decide they want to sell your home (been there), or turn it into a chemist (and there), or not pay their mortgage until the bank repossesses the house from under you (yep, that too), then you move when you're told to.  And so, reluctantly, we've moved again, although I have to say, it's rather nice: a town house this time, in a town we've lived in before, which is only just big enough not to be a village - 4500 inhabitants, so I'm told (I haven't counted 'em).  And I suppose if we'd not rented and moved so much, I wouldn't have experienced so many different types of home: a converted barn, new houses, old houses and a damp 1st floor flat accessible only by an exterior staircase.

So.  New house, new blog.  Going to ramble on about stuff and maybe post a link or two to music I've been working on, also under the moniker Aggressive Rhubarb.  That'll follow shortly....

No comments:

Post a Comment