Wednesday 28 September 2011

MUST TRY HARDER

With such a high percentage of fellas being averse to clothes shopping, why is it that high street retailers put menswear upstairs?
You'd think that, given that most women are supposed to love shopping and will go out of their way to do it, shop managers would use their noggins and put womenswear upstairs. Think, you twots! Women are going to make the effort!
I truly detest clothes shopping, and have lost count of the number of times I've walked into a shop, seen that menswear is on another floor, and walked straight out again. Put another way, I can count on one hand the number of times in the last 5 years that I've not walked out. Do they expect me to negotiate my way around women as they toss new fashions around with wild abandon and totter towards the changing room? No thanks. I just can not be bothered to fight my way through handbags, perfume counters and breastware to find an escalator. If they want my money, they're going to have to encourage me to come in. Putting mens clothes in the retail equivalent of Alaska is not going to work.
So, a shout out to Gap. Today I spotted menswear just inside one of their stores, did a double take and actually went in! For at least half a minute! Didn't spend any money, mind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment